Sunday, April 18, 2010

Music and Baseball


Ever wonder what that music is blaring out of the speakers as your favorite Twins player makes their way to the batter’s box or pitching mound? Well, wonder no more. Thanks to the state of the art sound system in place at Target Field (well, at least it seems state of the art compared to the one at the Dome), the days of trying to decipher these snippets of music are gone.

I have to admit, that in previous seasons if a player had a walk up song that sounded familiar but I couldn’t figure out what the song was it would drive me crazy until I searched the internet or iTunes and found it. One vivid example of this, was Matt Tolbert’s song during the 2008 & 2009 seasons. I knew this song was extremely familiar every time I heard it, but could never put my finger on what the title or artist was. Do you know how annoying it is not be able to figure that out? I knew it was from the mid 90’s and had a gut feeling that the artist was either the Cranberries or the Cardigans. I searched iTunes a few times listening to the most popular songs by these two artists. Every trip to the Dome I tried my hardest to listen to the song and try to catch a little of the lyrics, hoping I could Google the lyrics and find them. After several search attempts I finally found Matt Tolbert’s walk up song. If case you are wondering, its Zombie by the Cranberries.

Ok, now without further delay here is the 2010 Minnesota Twins walk up music. Remember, this is what the players have chosen at the start of the season. Some players change their selection half way through the season, when they hit a slump or just to because they find a different song. The list below was compiled using information found on the Fox Sports Net website. Don't forget to check out the links to the YouTube videos of these songs.

Denard Span

Orlando Hudson


Joe Mauer

Justin Morneau

Michael Cuddyer

Jason Kubel

JJ Hardy

Brendan Harris

Drew Butera
Jon Rauch

Joe Nathan

Kevin Slowey

No comments:

Post a Comment